Low Rate Loans for High Effciency Energy Home Improvements
Nicor Gas customers may be eligible for a loan to purchase and install energy efficiency home improvements. Installments on your loan will be conveniently applied to your monthly utility bill. Best of all, energySMART, a Nicor Gas program, offers rebates to accompany all energy efficiency loans for your home improvements.
Or Call Renew Financial at 888-269-3133
Nicor Gas On-Bill Financing Special Features
- 5.74% Unsecured, Fixed Rate Financing
- Loans from $500 to $20,000
- 100% Financing Available
- No Home Equity Required: New Homeowners OK
- No Fees to Consumer or Contractor
- Customer Choice of 3, 5 or 10 Years to Repay
- Work must be done by an Approved Contractor
How Do I Get a Loan?
1. Nicor Gas customers can apply online or by phone. Please have your utility account number handy. You will be notified of your qualification status by Renew Financial, the program lender.
2. After being pre-qualified, a Renew Financial representative will call you to tell you the loan amount for which you’ve been approved. You may be required to submit additional information before final approval. Renew Financial will notify Dutchman Heating about the status of your loan and will discuss the installation planned. Once the loan has been approved, Renew Financial will prepare loan documents and forward them to you for your signature.
3. Once loan documents have been issued, Dutchman Heating can begin work. You and the contractor will certify when the job is completed.When Renew Financial receives all signed paperwork, they will contact you to verify that the project was completed to your satisfaction and, if so, release payment to the contractor. You will begin making loan payments on your first or second utility bill following the release of payment to your contractor.
What Improvements Qualify?
Improvements must meet ENERGY STAR® or other applicable standards. Below are examples of improvements that can be performed under the Nicor Gas Financing program.
Natural Gas Furnaces or Boilers
Natural Gas Water Heaters
- Storage Water Heater: Energy Factor ≥ 0.67
- Must be installed with a qualifying furnace (AFUE ≥ 95%) and programmable thermostat.
Can I Also Receive a Rebate on My Improvement Project?
In addition to low-cost financing you may be eligible to receive rebates on qualifying improvements. Visit www.nicorgasrebates.com for details.
How Do I Make My Payments?
Your loan payment will be billed monthly on your utility bill. You cannot send your payments directly to Renew Financial.
Can I Pay Off the Loan Early?
Yes. You will need to contact Nicor Gas to request a final pay-off amount.
Can I Pay Down My Loan Balance by Sending in Extra Money Each Month?
No. If you pay more than your total monthly bill, which includes your loan installment, the overpayment will be applied to your utility service, not to your loan balance.
Will my Utility Bill Display My Loan Balance Each Month?
No.Your bill will show your monthly installment under the line item “Energy Efficiency Loan.” To check your loan balance, call 888-269-3133.
What if I Pay Less Than My Full Payment?
If you are unable to make a full payment on the amount due on your Nicor Gas bill, you will be subject to the standard Nicor Gas late payment penalties.